Please contact me with your enquiry so that we can have a chat about what you are experiencing and determine the best option for you & your dog.
Initial behavioural consultation and assessment
- A history form will be sent to you to be completed in advance of the initial consultation. A vet check may be recommended and if relevant, medical history will be requested from your vet (with your permission) to offer the most comprehensive support.
- Initial consultation lasting 1.5 – 2 hours
- In-depth support plan tailored to you & your dog
- Complimentary one hour follow-up appointment at a date and time to be arranged following the initial consultation
- Telephone/e-mail support for 6 months to be used in conjunction with support plan
- Communications with your vet or other practitioners when relevant to your dog’s behaviour (if consent has been given)
£160 (if outside of a 10 mile radius of Dawlish then an additional call-out fee may be added)
Additional one hour follow-up appointments: £50 (if outside of a 10 mile radius of Dawlish then an additional call-out fee may be added)
Follow-up appointments will be conducted in a way that is appropriate for yourself and your dog at an agreed location. Support/coaching walks are a popular option for many guardians.
One hour ad-hoc consultations (not for complex behaviours such as aggression, anxiety, fear or stressed based behaviour)
Sometimes, you may just feel that you’d benefit from some advice and a bit of help. Whatever you would like to discuss, I’d like to offer a flexible one hour service to suit your needs.
- Virtual one hour appointment (zoom) – £55
- In-person one hour appointment – £65 (if outside of a 10 mile radius of Dawlish then an additional call-out fee may be added)
- In-person one and a half hour appointment – £75 (if outside of a 10 mile radius of Dawlish then an additional call-out fee may be added)
Should ‘ad-hoc’ appointments lead to full behavioural assessments then pricing will be discussed on a case by case basis.
Want the opportunity to ask unlimited questions as and when they crop up in between your ad-hoc appointments? See VIP Q&A below!
Workshops and seminars
Running on an ad-hoc basis. Please follow me on Facebook (Know Your Dog – Behaviour & Training | Facebook) to keep up to date with the latest information on any workshops/seminars I am running or will be speaking at.
Confidence Building & Socialisation Workshops. A two-part workshop for guardians who want to understand how to help their dogs to be more confident in their environment, and understand more about their thought processes. Also suitable for guardians of all dogs to gain an understanding of confidence building exercises, calm engagement, socialisation, decompression, body language, and other useful information.
“Sally was super friendly and clearly very knowledgeable. My dog Ella picked up the training techniques really quickly in the sessions and I feel I got exactly what we needed out of the class”
An important note about behaviour modification…
There are no quick fixes (we are changing emotions after all – we know that that can’t happen within 2 hours with humans, and it can’t with dogs either) and timescales differ for every dog and every guardian. We are all individuals, which is why support plans are personalised and tailored to your individual needs. Any trainer offering quick fixes may sadly be using methods that suppress behaviour, rather than consider why we are seeing the behaviour in the first place – treating the symptom, not the cause. The emotions and other causes behind the behaviour are still there. Although some methods appear to fix the problem ‘quickly’, you may end up with a bigger problem later down the line, as the cause is very much still there and will rear it’s head later on.
What I can tell you, is that I aim to support the dog in to getting to a better mental place, emotional place, and physical place. I will treat both you and your dog with empathy, understanding, and I will support you along the way. I will help you to understand your dog’s behaviour, which has the power to transform the way you live with them and enhance your relationship.